Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Description - Ball Corporation
Chief Structural Analysis Engineer – SSBI Clearance is required (653693)
CO - Boulder
Return to Previous Page
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
What you will do
* Senior level aerospace structural engineer leading the structural verification effort on a large advanced satellite hardware program which may include spacecraft, instruments, precision mechanisms, optical systems, and ground support equipment.
* Interface with Design Engineering and Systems Engineering disciplines to guide system level architecture development and requirements flowdown resulting in Structural/Mechanical design meeting mission objectives and requirements
* Take responsibility for all phases of structural verification effort including requirements definition, program planning and tracking, structural analysis, structural testing, and requirement verification.
* Provide direct interaction with customer and upper management and communicate at high levels.
* Provide technical direction and mentoring to large structural analysis team in the areas of detail stress analysis using closed form and finite element analysis techniques, structural dynamics, loads analysis (including random vibration, acoustics, sine and jitter), preparation of detailed engineering analysis reports, development of structural test requirements, and supporting structural and vibration testing.
What you will need
* A BS degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace Engineering (or related field) with coursework in statics, dynamics, strength of materials, and linear algebra is required.
* A MS degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace Engineering (or related field) is preferred.
* SCI/SSBI clearance is required
* A minimum of 16 years of experience performing structural analysis of aerospace-related hardware including stress analysis and structural dynamics is required.
* A demonstrated ability to organize and lead large aerospace structural analysis efforts is desired.
* Good interpersonal skills, high level communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are essential.
* Proficiency in the use of NASTRAN finite element analysis including static, modal, frequency response, dynamic reduction, non-linear analysis, and DMAP programming is required.
* Proficiency in the use of IDEAS MasterSeries, NX or similar finite element pre/post processing software is required.
* Previous experience in the following areas is preferred: structural analysis to support controls, optics, electronics, mechanisms, bond analysis, composites and other non-traditional materials
* Previous experience with the following analysis tools is preferred: Adams, Ansys, Mechanica
* Programming experience with MATLAB or at least one other scientific programming language is preferred.
* Proficiency in the use of SolidWorks is preferred.
* Proficiency with MS Office tools is required,
* In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level will be considered.
* Each higher level degree, i.e. Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree, may substitute for two years of experience.
This position requires a current favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Some positions will require completion of a polygraph examination. * U.S. Citizenship Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.