Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Surgical Tech Cert PRN
Location: United States-Florida-Gainesville-North FL Surgical Pavillion
Other Locations: null
The Certified Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
* Prepares sterile instrument table.
* Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with ASD standards.
* Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
* Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
* Positions patient according to type of surgery.
* Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
* Maintains work area.
* Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
* Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
* Provides appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Operating room turnover between surgical procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications include:
* Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program.
* Certification as a Surgical Technologist a must.
* Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.