Title: Vice President-Regional Claims - Central Region
Advance your career with Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims!
Personal Insurance, a 13b strategic business unit within Liberty Mutual is hiring a senior level regional head to support their Safeco Field organization for the Central Region in Richardson & St. Louis. Safeco Claims and Personal Market Claims have been combined into a single organization. Together we have over 7,000 of the most talented and caring people in the industry. We have over 5 million Safeco and Liberty Mutual customers across 50 states.
In this role, you will responsible for the delivery of best in class service levels to all customers. You will provide direction, leadership, and operations oversight for field claims operations in their assigned region. In addition, you will manage a team of managers and a large team who will be responsible for ensuring that claims are handled promptly, equitably and economically within the provisions of the policy contract and in accordance with liability and damages. You will be accountable for compliance with policies, protocols, and standards (from claims creation to settlement) to achieve objectives related to customer satisfaction, quality, productivity, and good faith claims handling practices. You will manage field claims offices through subordinate managers who have accountability for performance of each office as well as employee selection, development and performance management and interact with Regional General Managers and other departments to ensure service excellence to the customer.
- Manages regional claim operation through subordinate managers who have accountability for the book of claims as well as employee selection, development and performance management.
- Monitors claims metrics to ensure the departments are meeting financial and non-financial objectives. Decisive action taken when results are not meeting objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring of reserves and leakage. Participate in Corporate Claims Reserve Reviews.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with unfair claim practice acts, adjuster licensing and continuing educational requirements.
- Interacts with Regional General Manager and participates as required in meetings and activities with all Company departments. Interacts cross-functionally with underwriting, actuarial, distribution staff regarding claims, trends, and other issues.
- Prepares and monitors regional annual operating budget.
- Responsible for controlling operating expenses within budgetary guidelines and makes recommendations for cost effective reductions.
- Continually monitors current practices and procedures ensuring protocols are met to achieve business unit objectives.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements /enhancements to Senior Management.
- Review and analyze the Claims staffing analysis reports in order to achieve the most effective and efficient use of managerial, technical and clerical Claims.
- Recommend hiring, promotion and termination of Claims managerial, technical, and clerical staffs and comply with the corporate salary guidelines.
- Review and endorse Performance Evaluations for Field Claims management personnel and prepare Performance Evaluations for personnel reporting direct.
- Conduct periodic Quality Control spot checks on the technical and clerical staffs of each Claims Office. Participate in the Quality Control Review wrap-up sessions which will be conducted after each Home Office review.
- Develop Claims management personnel by conducting periodic training sessions, through guidance, supervision and written and verbal communication.
- Review and recommend settlement and expense authority for Claims personnel.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the national line of business Vice Presidents and the technical segment of the Shared Services Claims Department.
- Visit agents to continue and encourage our excellent Claim Department/Agency relations and continue to provide quality service to the agents and their clientele.
- Communicate with the Casualty and Property specialized technical units on large losses, policies and procedures, and settling difficult claims.
- Keep abreast of new developments in Federal, State, and industry trends; analyze existing and planned legislation and its impact upon claim policy and procedure.
- Oversees regional claims budget and ensures departments maintain budgetary constraints.
- Maintains awareness of, ensures cooperation and relative parity with other claim operations within Liberty Mutual.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
- Extensive knowledge of property and casualty insurance, state regulatory environments, and finance/actuarial/accounting practices as they apply to claims.
- demonstrated ability to manage people effectively to get good business outcomes as well as advanced skills in the areas of employee selection, development and performance management.
- integrity, positive energy, and decisiveness are essential characteristics; as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree, continuing education, and more than 10 years experience.
- CPCU Designation or MBA preferred.
- Excellent communication and management skills are required as well as the ability to deal effectively with employees at varying organizational levels and customers outside of the organization.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, organize, and control the objectives and activities of several Claims Offices across a geographic area.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?