Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title IT QA Analyst II-Project Compliance & Release Management
Job ID Number 26963
Location Savannah, GA
Job Category Information Technology
Job Description Position Purpose:
Under administrative direction, leads the development and establishment of quality assurance standards, procedures and measures for the information technology services. Assists with gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and system requirements, which includes writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. Applies proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Develops and establishes quality assurance procedures, measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
2) Ensures that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
3) Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the Enterprise.
4) Leads the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
5) Collaborates with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit regression, load and acceptance testing methods.
6) Creates and executes test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
7) Makes recommendations for applications improvements to programmers and application developers; communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
8) Assists manager in a liaison capacity with vendors and suppliers to assess applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
9) Analyzes documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
10) Tests any new software to ensure its integration into Gulfstreams system meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications; analyzes test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
11) Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
12) Conducts internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration and information system performance, as well as corresponding documentation.
13) Participates in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
1) Performs other duties as assignedA credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
1) Good knowledge of information systems used to support manufacturing to include an understanding of integrated systems.
2) Knowledge of IT system environments/platforms and development tools.
3) Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions.
4) Ability to interpret a variety of technical information.
5) Experience with manual and automated testing.
6) Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
7) Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
8) Excellent planning, time management and organization skills.
9) Professional experience in quality assurance software testing as part of the development process.
10) Precise attention to detail
11) Ensures that applications, software and systems introduced into the environment are defect-free before deployment.
12) Good consulting, client relations skills and customer service orientation.
13) Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation expertise.
14) Excellent interpersonal, people and people management skills
Prior experience with Project Compliance and Release Management preferred.Responsible for establishing and implementing quality assurance and compliance processes for the IT organization. Work closely with senior staff to develop and implement an overall quality maturity roadmap and plan for each IT functional area. Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed; responsible for interacting with multiple groups for quality of system development and verification efforts. Will work with project personnel on the development and verification of new systems and assist the project team in meeting project deadlines. Developing and implementing project specific quality assurance plans and audit project data for compliance to project definition and standards; participates in project reviews, change reviews, and change impact analysis as needed. Deliver quality process training to staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise our IT and business partners.Candidate will take on the responsibilities of supporting the UAT and production environments; responsible and accountable for providing technical support across multiple delivery phases. Responsible for supporting the build and release management, software configuration management going forward to ensure that the systems are properly maintained, deployed and supported to keep it running correctly to support our business partners. ?Review change requests in order to identify potential conflicts and resource shortfalls and make recommendations ?Participate in change advisory board meetings to discuss the impact on production systems of proposed changes and make recommendations ?Update procedure manuals and documentation for use by Change and Release Management staff ?Review documentation associated with proposed changes, including information for their release into production, in order to ensure completeness and compliance with Change and Release Management processes ?Review deployment/release plans and strategies and determine impact on our systems ?Review project documentation in order to draft deployment/release plans and strategies Experience in having implemented IT change and Release Management processes based on ITIL; having worked within an established Change and Release Management process. Undertaken projects aimed at reviewing deployment/release plans and strategies and preparing system impact analysis. The candidate should have an ITIL Foundation certificate.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, math, a related curriculum or an equivalent combination of education and technical training/experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.A minimum of 5 years in Information Technology activities for complex, technology-based business initiatives.
- See Other Requirements in description.
Apply Online Directly with Gulfstream